Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, November 17, 2014

Reunited in Texas

I have been to the Texas airport more times than I can count... but this trip was the first time I have left the airport in Texas. I happen to have two very good friends living in Houston right now. To  be honest... I wasn't too excited to visit Houston. There doesn't seem to be much to do there except eat (which might be why it is one of the fattest cities in the country) and the scenery isn't much to look at either. However, I have two dear friends living there and that is reason enough to go for a visit.

Allyson moved out there first, for work and wanted me to visit. I told her I would and I am a woman of my word. If I say I'm going to do something, I do it. I love that girl, so I was more than happy to go spend a weekend with her. About a year ago, my good friend Rich moved there as well. Well... at first he moved home, but then he moved to Houston for a job. My first night there Rich and I got together for dinner and a good heart to heart... like we used to do when we lived next to each other. Rich was always a good friend, so we were excited to hang out and catch up. Allyson had other plans, so it was just Rich and I.

We went out to eat. Got some good Texan food. After dinner we went to this cute dessert shop called "Sweet" and got some cupcakes and hot chocolate. I have to say that the cupcakes and hot chocolate are better in Utah (at least compared to this shop) but it was still cute and delicious and more importantly just fun hanging out with Rich.

Sad to say that I don't know when it will happen again. However, we are good enough friends that we will be in touch and if we happen to be in each other's area... we will hang out again.




1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

Fun. I've never been to Houston. I need to get out more. ;)