Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Friday, November 28, 2014

Family, Feast and More Family

This past week, my entire family has been together and I have loved every minute that I have gotten to spend with them. I wish I could spend more time with them, but I have a job... so I missed out on a few things, but I spent all the time I could when I wasn't at work. Our family doesn't all get together very often, so when we do... it's so fun. I love seeing all of my nieces and nephews playing together. They are all super adorable.

When we all get together, there is typically a lot of just sitting around. We don't have a lot of take charge type of people in our family... so it usually just doesn't happen. I tried to organize a little bit even though I wasn't even going to be there for a lot of it. My brother in law, Dan, was my secretary and this is what the weeks schedule looked like....


We celebrated Gwen's birthday late. She loved it. She is the cutest. She got nail polish and Sierra and Gwen (the girly girls) enjoyed painting each other's nails.



During the day while I was at work, they did a temple scavenger hunt and an elf hunt at Gardner Village. At night there was a movie night (one for the kids and one for the adults) and Billy, Dan and Lori took all of the kids bowling. Other than that... it was just playing and hanging out around the house.


If we didn't have enough family at the house already, on Thanksgiving day, we added more! It was crazy, but it was fun. We had our entire family and spouses and kids, plus my Uncle Rod and Aunt Rose and my cousin Jacob from California, plus My Uncle Dale and Aunt Theresa (who we have Thanksgiving with every year) and my cousin Lauren and her husband and two daughters, plus Clara's brother and their new convert friend Cathy. It was a full house and we had A LOT of food. Everyone was assigned to make something for the feast. My yearly contribution, Chocolate Haupia Pie.







We actually got a picture of the whole gang on the stairs... that is the only place we will all fit. It was a great day with great food. I'm very thankful for my family. I love them all VERY much and feel blessed to be a part of the family.




2 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

I so love that you document our family gatherings. It's great to know that it is recorded for posterity

jamie hixon said...

That really was fun! I'm sad I missed out on your pie though, boo!