Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 22

Well, I think my skin is finally done peeling off. Its only been 3 weeks since the sunburn. Wow. Lesson learned? Always wear sunblock, even when it is overcast and windy and a little on the cold side. I really should know this since I grew up in California, but I guess my many years in Utah have caused me to forget.  Don't worry guys, I won't post anymore pictures of peeling skin. I thought it was funny, but I guess most of you were pretty grossed out by that. ha ha. Don't look at my back! Ha ha

It is funny, I didn't really have a lot of plans this summer, but it has been JAM PACKED! Seriously.. its flying by and there is still so much that I want to get done. I don't remember it being like this last summer. Maybe because I wasn't have as much fun as I am now. :o)

Say you have a friend, that every time they see you or contact you, all they want is for you to do something for them. Does that friend soon just become annoying? Or is it just me? I feel like... really? Is this the only reason why we are friends? Just sayin...

At tutoring on Tuesday, there was a couple that came together to tutor, or rather, they came to talk to and flirt with each other while other people helped the kids. At Institute last night, there was a couple that came and sat right next to my friend and I, they talked through almost the entire class. Really? What is the point? Why are they going to these things? Just to say they are going? It is pretty annoying to the people that are there because they actually want to be there. 

Last night, when I got home from a friends house, I saw my neighbor outside on his porch on his computer. I said hi to him and asked him if he was blogging. He said he was! His stroke of genius hit me like a ton of bricks! Why in the world have I not been doing this since the beginning of summer? I mean, I planted all of these flowers and have a beautiful garden on my patio (I know, I still need to post about that too) and I have a comfy bench swing with pillows (pillows are a new addition this summer), and I have a lap top which = portable aka outside. I mean... we only have a our beautiful summer nights for not so long, so I need to take advantage of it right? Starting last night, you better believe that is where I did my last blog post from! I lite one of those candles to make the bugs stay away, brought out some water and chillaxed on my bench swing as I blogged. It was so relaxing, so refreshing, so wonderful! And now I am taking advantage of the atmosphere that I created out there. So awesome. I totally recommend it if you are able to do it.
While I was out there, I got on facebook and started chatting with Jeanna and told her how awesome it was and that she should come join me. So she did! I got a camping chair out and we relaxed outside while doing our nightly computer thing.

The view from where I'm sitting
My new favorite spot. If I ever post a blog entry at night... I was probably sitting here when I wrote it. :o)

3 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

Looks totally relaxing

jamie hixon said...

Nice new blogging spot. I can't go outside at night right now... too hot!
Also, yeah. I HATE when people only call you to ask for something. That is almost everyone in my life. I pretty much have no friends.

William said...

Your patio reminds me of my patio... so nice and relaxing. I know plenty of "those friends" you speak of, it's unfortunate really. Billy has one that i get annoyed with :)
Thank goodness for family i guess huh Jamie... we are your friends!!
Sorry you peeled so much, but glad you are having a most excellent summer. Love you- Lori