Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Newport Beach

Yesterday I worked a half day and then hit the road. Lately, I have been flying to my travel destinations... but I didn't arrange it far enough in advance so I ended up driving to Newport Beach this weekend. I was dreading the drive, but it really wasn't that bad. I had some good tunes, had a few phone calls, and sang my heart out. Because I have been flying lately.... I forgot about road flirting(not really me, but other people with me). Right after I filled up on gas in Barstow I am driving along and all the sudden there were these two guys on bullet bikes. They look over and see in my car and speed ahead... they then get on either side of the car. Then they go ahead of me and then behind me continuing to look in my car. Then one of them gets next to me and starts showing off on his bike by standing up while zooming by. Then later one of them lined up with my car and looked in and motioned for me to follow them or check them out or something. I just smiled at him and drove on. It made my drive more interesting (which I really needed at that point of the trip) that is for sure.

I then arrived at Brad & Lauren's house in Newport Beach California. Nate arrived shortly after me. The rest of the night we spent hanging out and talking. 

Today we went to a pancake breakfast with Brad and Lauren's ward. Across from their ward building is the Newport Beach temple, which I had not yet seen in person, so Nate and I went to go walk around the grounds. It is a beautiful temple. 



After that we hung out on the beach all morning and into the afternoon. It was a bit overcast and windy.... so I didn't think to put sunscreen on right away. I am certainly paying for that now! PAIN!!!! It has been a while since I have had a bad sunburn. The open windows and fan are feeling really good right now. I am loving being back in Cali right now. Even though I am not home, I feel like I am at home. I love it here. 



We then met up with Steve and went to town to go out to dinner. We went out for Sushi and I think it was THE BEST sushi I have EVER had! Seriously. And we got a discount. Yum! 



We walked around a bit more and then came back to the house and played games and put tons of alovera on our sunburns. I wasn't the only one that got burnt.....





3 comments:

Nicole said...

Ouch! I hate sunburns! I love the Newport Beach temple. I went to the open house and loved it. It looks like you've been having a ton of fun lately! Good for you!

Lynette Mills said...

I bet Brad is just laughing at his burnt back picture... cause there is more there than just his back! Looks like you are having a great time! Violet, Holly and Katie were at church today... they say HI!

jamie hixon said...

Sounds like a fun time, minus the sunburn of course. I hate being sunburned.