Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Friday, July 23, 2010

Lunch Dates, Take 2

A few months ago, I blogged about some lunch dates I had been on with some of my friends.  In the last couple of months, I have been on a few more, so I thought I would do a "part 2". Like I explained in my last lunch date post... I love getting together with my friends for lunch, so I don't suppose it will end at part 2. Especially after yesterday's lunch. We talking about doing it monthly. Anyway, here is my most recent lunch outings...

First we have Maegan. Since our lunch last month, she got engaged!!! Congrats to Maegan. She is adorable and I love her to pieces. So fun to have lunch with her and catch up and hear about her recent marathon that she ran. I know her from my current ward, but she moved out almost a year ago. We became good friends when she was my FHE Mom!



Next we have Liisa. This is our second lunch. She was dating the brother of the guy I dated last. So we went on some fun double dates together and became good friends. She is so fun and so caring. We talked a lot about our fun summer plans when we got together.



Then we have Todd! He now works at Novell for an internship. I wrote him a letter of recommendation. I would like to think that is what got him the job, but I am sure he got it because he is awesome. It is so fun to instant message each other at work when we get bored. Todd is from my home ward. He is really good friends with my little brother and I am really good friends with his older brother. We grew up together and actually worked together at another job back home. So, we have a lot of fun memories together. I actually also worked with Todd's wife, before they got married. They recently became parents to the cutest little boy.



This next picture is actually incomplete. Holly & Aileen had to leave before we got the picture. I have had a few lunches with Nicole (2 of them just being me and her) and then one other besides this one as a group. I believe this was my first lunch with Michele. She is awesome though, so I am not sure why we had not done it before. Aileen and Holly were in our last group lunch that I have in my last lunch post. I love hanging out with these girls. They are all so funny. I get to spend an hour (or so...) just listening to gossip and laughing. I love it. We have so much fun together. We also love to attend plays together.



Last we have the Novell crew. This lunch took place yesterday! I knew that Nate and Isaac worked on the Novell campus for different companies. I sometimes see Isaac, I have never seen Nate there. Last week at Institute I was talking to Darrell (my new FHE & Blogging & Neighbor BFF) and we were talking about work and I told him I worked for Novell. He told me he also worked at the Novell campus.  We talked about how we are not morning people and that we get out of bed 10 after 8 to get to work by 8:30-8:45 and the next day, I saw him drive by because we got to work at the same time. HA! It made me laugh. Anywho... THEN that night I also found out Jason also worked on Novell campus! So 5 people all in the same ward that work on the same campus. How could we not get together for lunch? I suggested we go on Thursday since that is the day they BBQ outside. So we did just that. We had a blast. It is pretty funny that out of the 5 of us that work on Novell campus, I am the only one that actually works for Novell. Jessica found out about the lunch and wanted to join, so she drove and met us there and we had a great lunch. I think we are going to try and do this monthly. It's a fun group and nice break from work, so I'm down.



So you feel left out? Well... then maybe we should plan lunch?

5 comments:

Dallas and Kirsten said...

I wish we lived closer...I would totally plan a lunch date with you! By the way, let Nicole know she looks absolutely fabulous! Great pics :)

jamie hixon said...

I would go out to lunch with you a lot if I lived closer. Sounds like you are having fun...

Nicole said...

Kirsten, you are too kind for words!! Tracy, those have been some fun times. Let it not be the last!

Cheryl said...

Sounds fun. I can imagine the clarity of our conversation if we hung out before the sun (and my brain) went to bed. Oh and not having one of our faces stuffed in a face rest might help too. haha

politicchic6 said...

I have to say, we are pretty adorable looking.