Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Service Auction

Last night we had our annual ward service auction. This is a GREAT activity. I enjoy going every year. It is always interesting to see what people auction off. There are always a lot of food items and dinner's that are auctioned off. This is usually what I buy. Which that is one of the things I bought this year. I bought a loaf of the Bishop's wife's pumpkin bread... pretty much because I went to that cooking class and KNEW it was amazing.




We had an okay turn out... but guess how much money we raised by the people there? $3,450! That is a lot of money from a young singles ward. I felt like people were very generous. That money will go to sub for Santa... providing Christmas for less fortunate families in the area. Something you can feel good about. That is what you tell yourself when you bid and spend the amount of money you do on these different services.

Special thanks to Liz and Oliver for putting it together and working so hard on it. It was very organized. Also Josh.... he was the auctioneer and he did a FANTASTIC job. He was quick to get through the list, but he also made it funny and interesting. Easy for him to do since he is funny and interesting.

Wondering what was auctioned off? Besides meals... here are some of the things I can remember...

Piano lessons
Violin lessons
Guitar lessons
Cello lessons
Rock Climbing lessons
Tickets to a Zip Line in Provo Canyon (brought in big bucks)
A plane ride (brought in the big bucks)
Compliments everyday for 30 days
A poem written about you
A song written for you and sung to you
Oil Change
Dating Advice
Fashion Advice
A photoshoot
A haircut
Wash your dishes everyday for a week


There were a lot more than that, but that is what I can think of on the top of my head that stood out to me. No, I didn't auction off anything. I know I should have. In the past I have auctioned off a photoshoot.

Wondering what I bought besides the bread? WELL.... My karaoke/rapper friend, Josh, is a man of many talents. Not only can he rap and was a comedian for Humor U at BYU, but he is also a writer. He has written many bio's. In fact, when he wrote a bio on an athlete, it was the most read article on KSL that day. When he told me about it the night before... I thought that was pretty cool and that I would bid on it. Turns out I won it. Soo.... he is going to write up to a 15 page bio on my life. He will interview my family and friends to find out more about me... says he wants pictures and everything. Maybe it is vain... but I am pretty excited to read how awesome I am. Ha ha... I know Josh will make me sound more awesome than I am. Kind of cool to have a bio on my 30 years of life.

I will let you know how it turns out. Maybe if it is really good... I will post it on my blog. We shall see. :)

3 comments:

Lil Lizzie said...

thanks for the shout-out! josh did such a good job. I can't wait to read your bio!!

Caytlin said...

I don't think that's vain! Think of it as a family history project to be passed on. How cool will it be to have something to pass on to your kids to say "this is the story of my life before you knew me". So cool!!

jamie hixon said...

That is RAD. I would totally want a bio about myself. Ha. I actually have to write very short actor bios all the time. Not as cool as a well-rounded bio.

Those are some cool things on that list. Oddly, I think I would like a compliment every day for 30 days... but I would feel bad when they stopped. Ha.