Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Boston


Many of you that really know me, know my boys. Well, since we are such good friends and have done such an awesome job of keeping in touch, we still get together even though they have moved all over the country. I told them that no matter where they go, I would come visit. So far... I have. When I was in NYC I went home with Brad to Connecticut while he was working in NY. Nate and I took a road trip out to San Francisco when Steve was there. I visited Nate and his wife when he was going to Law school in Arizona, We ALL met up in Newport Beach when Brad had a job there. NOW Brad and Steve are in Boston going to Harvard Business school. They told me I should come visit... so I did. OF COURSE I DID. Not only do I love these boys and would travel the world to see them, but it gave me an excuse to visit a new state that I had never been to before.

I found an awesome deal. First weekend of this month I flew round trip for $270! I hear that is pretty hard to come by from SLC to Boston. I was pumped. I let Steve know I was coming and he made plans. On my what ended up to be a 6 hour layover in Dallas (because my flight got canceled and I had to re-book) I received an email from Steve with a rough schedule for my time there. I love that Steve wanted to make sure I got the most out of the weekend. He is great. He picked me up from the airport, we went to the grocery store to get some food and then it was off to bed. I was SO tired when I got there that I got right on Boston time. The next morning we had Nate Palmer over for breakfast. He used to be in our ward when we lived at the Devonshire in 2005-06 and I had not seen him since! I didn't even know he was in Boston attending Harvard Law School. It was so fun to catch up. Oh, and he would not be the last person that I got to see while I was there. Turns out I know other people out there and didn't know it.  Next Steve took me to tour Harvard. We toured the museums they have on campus. Steve could get me in for free with his student ID and he had never been before, so it was new for both of us, which was fun.



After the museums, we went to Lexington and Concord and learned more about the battle that happened there.


Next we went to Walden Pond. BEAUTIFUL! I was lucky that I caught the end of fall there.




That night we met up with Steve's girlfriend and his roommates and we ate at the Longfellow's Wayside Inn, which is the oldest running Inn in the country which they have turned into a restaurant. I had some delicious salmon. Got to take advantage of sea food where sea food is fresh.

Saturday I slept in while Steve played paint ball with his buddies. He took a lot longer than he planned, but thankfully Brad had called me. We met up at the subway and rode into the city and went to Quincy Market for some lunch. I was told by several people that I needed to get crab while I was there, so I tried a crab roll. SUPER good.




Steve and his girlfriend met up with me, Brad, Lauren and Sophi. We then explored a part of the Freedom trail. I just loved walking around Boston. So charming, so much history, so much personality.






That night I went to the Harvard Memorial Hall concert with Steve's roommate, Austin. A little date while I was in Boston. Yes, I thought he was cute and we had fun getting to know each other. Oh, and the concert was AMAZING. The acoustics in that building are pretty amazing. It was just in a beautiful building on campus. No big deal.



We left the concert and went to another one of their roommates (Brad) engagement party where I met up with Steve again AND got to run into my friend Dave Healey... who I totally forgot was there. We had a lot of fun catching up on each other. I think he is moving back to Provo, so I might be seeing him a lot again here soon.


Sunday was church. I ran into Krista, who also used to be in my ward at the Deveonshire. It was so fun to see her and catch up with her because I hadn't seen her since. After church Steve and I and his roommate Mike went to have lunch at Brad and Lauren's. After that Steve took me to the Mt Auburn cemetery (which was the most beautiful cemetery I have ever seen). It is huge, it is old, it's historic (lots of people from war) and there is a tower in the middle of the cemetery that Steve and I went up and it gives you this incredible view of Boston.



After that, Steve drove me around to a few more places and then we went to a dinner party. Early the next morning, Steve took me to the airport and I was on my way back to Utah. I loved Boston! Such a great city with great people. I wish I could have stayed longer and done more. However, what a beautiful time of year to come. I can now not only say that I have been to Boston... but I have been to Boston in the fall. (Anyone know the song, Pirates who don't do anything?) Of course, more importantly, it was awesome to spend time with Steve and Brad. I'm blessed with great friends. Special thanks to Steve for taking me to and from the airport, showing me around the city, keeping my entertained and giving up his room and bed so I could have it while he slept on the couch. He and his roommates made me feel very welcomed and at home at their place.


4 comments:

Kristy said...

Wow...so pretty. I'll have to put Boston on my places I HAVE to see now. Glad you got to see Boston in the fall. :)

jamie hixon said...

I'm jealous now. Boston seems rad (In the fall!-who even knows why that is in the pirates song?). Glad you did SOOOO much while you were there. Wow.

PS I thought that New Orleans had awesome graveyards too.

Holly said...

Loved the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything reference, I totally know that song!

Dallas and Kirsten said...

How fun! I'm jealous you got to go to Boston. I'd love to travel there. I had no clue Nate Palmer was there either! I love that kid! We bonded over New Zealand when he moved into the Dev :) Glad you had so much fun with your guys.