Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, January 19, 2015

Do You Want To Build a Snowman?

I have lived in Utah where it snows for a good portion of the year... and I had never built a snowman, until today. 

I know it's kind of pathetic, but I didn't grow up in the snow, and by the time I moved to Utah... everyone grew up in the snow and was over building snowmen. Anyway... last year John and I tried a few times to do it because he knew I wanted to, but the snow was never right when we went to try and it didn't snow that much last year. Well... this year, it has only snowed like twice... and who knows if it will snow again at this rate since January is usually the month where we get the most snow and on Sunday it was 55 degrees. However, my roommates and I went up into the mountains today... and the snow was perfect. Allison said she was sick of me saying I had never built one, so it was going to happen today. And it did. Mackenzie, Allison and I each rolled up a snow ball, stacked them on top of each other and shaped them. Then we all went out into the wilderness to find arms and the eyes and nose and buttons. At the end I put my beenie on top and he was complete. If only I would have had a scarf to put around him as well.

I was very proud of my first snowman.. and what a beautiful location for my first one. Now I can say I have built one. 



3 comments:

Gary said...

Nice job Tracy. He needs a smile but the arms are great.

Unknown said...

I can't believe that was your first snowman!

jamie hixon said...

That is a good snowman. It reminds me of the first one Dan built with the kids in Mom and Dad's backyard.