Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Cebu Philippines Temple



There are 2 temples in the Philippines. We were not able to go to church while in the Philippines, but after texting with my friend RJ (who is from the Philippines) while we were there, he reminded me of the Cebu temple... since we were in Cebu. So when we got off of the ferry coming back to Cebu from Bohol... we asked the taxi driver to take us by the LDS Temple and then take us to the airport since we had some time. 

So glad we did. The people working there were excited that we stopped by and to talk to us. The temple is beautiful. 

Funny moment... there is a church right next door and my phone automatically connected to the Wifi.... so I said the church is the same everywhere... even the WiFi. The member working there got a surprised look on his face and said "Pioneer 47?" I smiled and said yep! They had no idea. It was funny. 

It is awesome to see that the church is the same no matter where in the world that you go. I have the same feeling of peace being on the temple grounds no matter if it is in Utah, California or The Philippines.



3 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

very photogenic temple

Lori said...

Great pictures of the temple! Glad you found it and got a visit in :) You have been able to see quite a few temples in your travels since the Costa Rica days. So rad.

jamie hixon said...

I didn't know that about the WiFi, funny! And oh my lands that temple is gorgeous! It reminds me a little bit of our Gilbert temple... just with way prettier flowers and trees and stuff. ;)