Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 271

I've been called a Gypsy by a few people. I get it.... I travel maybe more than the average American girl. I love it. Even the parts that are not so glamorous doesn't change my opinion. Maybe because I'm already backpacking and staying in hostel's to begin with. Sure there are things that I am excited to go home for, but I could easily stay on this trip for another couple of months. This trip has just flown by for me. There is still so much that I want to do here that I won't have time for.

I was talking with Ian and he said that the trip was just a few days too long for him. That was the weirdest thing I had ever heard. I have never thought my trip was too long. When I was in Costa Rica... I remember thinking the first week that I was there that I was going to be there for FOREVER. Which I mean... I was there for almost two months. However we had no idea where we were going to go or what we were going to do. If I would have done my research of all there was to do there before I went and we were going to multiple countries and not just Costa Rica (well, we did end up going to Nicaragua) then I am sure it would have flown by. I was not experienced back then. However... the more we got into the trip and the more people we met, the faster the trip did start to go by.

I am already thinking of where I want to go next and who will go with me. Do you think I am addicted? Or maybe if I could go longer, I wouldn't be in such a rush to go again. There are just so many places to go. Not enough time or money. I just need to find a way to get paid to travel. It's the dream.

People always ask me why I like to travel. I love exploring places I have never been before. Seeing places that are so beautiful you didn't think it was real. Visiting places so different from what you are used to. Hearing new languages, trying new exotic foods, meeting people from all over the world, learning of new cultures, never staying anywhere longer than a few days and having everything you own carried on your back. Not caring if I wear makeup or if I have the cutest outfit on. I love photographing the world the way I see it. I love having a break from my normal everyday life. Trying to figure out new currency and public transportation. The adventure of not knowing what you are doing or what is going to happen but knowing something will always work out. It's all exciting to me.

People always ask me which country I have traveled to is my favorite. I don't have a favorite. I have loved everywhere that I have traveled for different reasons. There are many that I would love to go back to and see things that I missed or revisit because I loved it so much. There are still so many places that I want to go. Next trip? If I could find someone to go with me, I would love to go to Egypt, Jordan & Israel.... oh and Turkey. I wouldn't mind going to Morocco either. However I feel like it is hard to convince people to go with me here. Although I convinced people to go with me to the Philippines and that isn't a super big tourist destination.... yet.

The conclusion I have come to.... I need to find an eternal travel companion. Of course I know once I get married and especially when I have kids I know I won't be able to travel at this rate... but I do want to marry someone who is passionate about travel so that we will always do it when we can. Until then... I will always be on the search for people to travel with me.... I love it. I really do.


1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

I envy your traveling life, Tracy. I envy Dan when he gets to go on business trips without me too. I love traveling. But I think I would want to stay with a touring group if I were to visit Egypt and the middle east. I've heard those places are pretty sketchy.