Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Friday, May 15, 2015

Oslob, Cebu - Philippines


After Ian finally arrived in Manila, we were off flying to the next island on our trip. The island of Cebu. As soon as we landed, we made a plan and then got on a taxi that took us to the bus station and then we were on a 5 hour bus ride to the very south of Cebu to a city called Oslob. As soon as we got there we found a place to stay, right on the water and set up scuba diving up the next day. 

I loved Oslob right away. Our driver, JR, was awesome and took us to a great place for breakfast with an awesome view. THIS is the way I like to vacation. We spent a lot of time on our trip eating on the beach. I didn't hate it. 


Then to this AMAZING waterfall that we had to climb to 5 different levels that pretty much only locals go to. It was beautiful and fun to climb... even though I struggled sometimes. It ended up being one of the highlights of our entire trip.






Even just driving around was great. JR was awesome to talk to and super helpful and Oslob is beautiful. What a great day. That is what Jared would say at the end of almost every day.... What a great day. 




Let's not forget about getting up to see the sunrise the next morning also. We just sat right outside of our hostel to watch. It was beautiful. I don't see many sunrises... saw a lot on this trip and it was always my choice. Never got over the beauty of this country. 



The next day we were off to the next island. This time we didn't have to fly. We took a boat, which we thought was going to be a ferry... but it really ended up just being a boat, which means it took almost 4 hours to get to Bohol instead of 2 1/2. Oh well... all part of the adventure.  I will leave Bohol to another post.  Oslob, Cebu was awesome. The end.


2 comments:

jamie hixon said...

That waterfall place looks amazing. I have to admit, I kind of want to go to the Philippines now.

Lori said...

J E A L O U S !!!!!! :)
You will be able to give me all the great tips for when I get to travel again.... one day. Love you and glad you had a beautiful trip!