Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Friday, November 20, 2015

Chicken Zucchini Casserole

Yesterday I had a pot luck with the co-workers. I signed myself up for a main dish. So... I did what I always do. I went to my Pinterest board to see what I had pinned and had not tried yet. I found this casserole from Six Sisters Stuff. Seemed pretty easy and looked good, so I gave it a go. It was just that.... easy and good. Also, everyone liked it, so I will call it a Pinterest success. If you want to give it a try sometime, here is the recipe.


Chicken Zucchini Casserole
Author: 
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: American
Prep time:  
Cook time:  
Total time:  
Serves: 6
 
Ingredients
  • 6 ounce package of boxed stuffing mix (I used Stove Top)
  • ½ cup melted butter
  • 4 cups of zucchini, diced
  • 2 cups of cooked chicken, cubed
  • 10.75 ounces Cream of Chicken Soup
  • ½ onion, chopped
  • ½ cup of sour cream
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix and melted butter. Set aside ½ cup of the mixture for the topping. In a large bowl add the zucchini, chicken, soup, onion and sour cream to the remaining stuffing. Place the zucchini mix into at greased 9x13 
  2. glass pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle reserved ½ cup stuffing mix on top and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.


2 comments:

personofinterest said...

This recipe has been around for at least 40 years. It was printed on the side of the box of stuffing.

jamie hixon said...

Awesome. I would totally eat that at a pot luck.