Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, September 1, 2012

ReAL Soccer Game


Tonight I was invited to go to SLC to attend the Real Soccer game with my BFF neighbor. We also went fishing together yesterday... so we have had lots of bonding this weekend.

It had been raining on and off all day, so I wondered what the weather was going to be like at the game. We both decided to dress warm. When we left Provo... it was quite warm so we wondered if that was a bad move, however, when we got to Salt Lake we were very glad we dressed the way we did because it was raining.

The rain was still coming down. Our spot was covered so we were fine... but would they play in the rain? Rain or shine, the Real Soccer team plays. What they don't play in however, is lightening storms. They had warmed up and started the game, but not long after they started the game, they stopped it because of all of the lightening. They told everyone to leave their seats and take cover, but Darrell and I decided to stay in our seats. So glad that we did too, but we ended up having to wait an hour and a half before they felt it was "safe" to start the game again. There was this big rainbow toward the end of all the lightening and we took that as a sign to start the game back up. Once they decided to play again, they had to warm up all over again and started the game again.


We had a goodbye party to go to, so we only stayed for the first half (which is about the time the game was supposed to be over). They didn't play the best... but it was still fun to be at the game and watch. I have no idea who won. When we left, nobody had scored. Oh well.


It was a bummer that we had to wait so long for the game to start. On a more positive note, it was a great lightening storm. I love watching lightening. Darrell and I both tried to get pictures of the lightening for failed miserably. We also had some good jams while we waited and of course what Darrell and I are best at, good heart to hearts. All in all, it was a good time, but then it always is when I'm with my BFF neighbor. Thanks Darrell for taking me!


2 comments:

Lori said...

I can't say I have ever been to a pro soccer game... sounds like an adventure- as always-! So glad you have so many BFF's ;)

jamie hixon said...

That is awesome. I love that there was a lightning storm and a rainbow! How fun.