Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, September 3, 2012

Service Jar

Remember when this video on service was made by my friend Dan? Back then I was tutoring the little munchkins and I felt great that I was serving once a week. Well.... I haven't been doing any service for a while and I feel like it is time that I get out there and help again. I know it will make me feel better as well as the people I am serving. This time I think my roommate Megan and I are going to volunteer at a nursing home.

That is great, but I think it is really important to serve the people around you as well. I decided that I am going to choose someone once a week and do something nice for them. When I told Megan this, she said she wanted to join in on that as well and that we could pick names from a jar. I went with that and decided to make a Service Jar to pick the names out of. I made it tonight and I like the way it turned out. Friends, neighbors and co-workers were all added to the jar. Names will continue to be added to the jar. I'm feeling good about this. 

I can't wait to make others happy because I know I feel like a million bucks when people think to do nice things for me. 



3 comments:

Lil Lizzie said...

such a cute idea!

Lori said...

Awesome Tracy! I need to be more like you :) Love you

jamie hixon said...

That is one of the best ideas I have ever heard. Awesome.