Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, August 19, 2013

The Lake House


I had perfect timing when going to visit my cousin Travis. Why? Because the week before I arrived, they had just bought a Lake House in Michigan, about 10 or 15 minutes away. Sooo.... that is where we spent a lot of the time I was there. I didn't mind that one single bit.


Friday afternoon we head over. Met up with Travis's friend, Marcas (15 years younger than Trav) at the  lake to help with the boat. The rest of Trav's family was supposed to meet us there that night, but they all bailed... so it was just me, Trav and Marcas. Travis and Marcas took turns wake boarding, while I sat back and relaxed and enjoyed being out on a lake. It was also my job to take pictures. :) Sadly I forgot my nice camera on this trip, so all pictures were taken from my iphone... but I still got some good shots.



Trav also taught me how to drive the boat... so I went around the lake a couple of times. They have a ton of swans at this lake... it kind of reminded me of "The Notebook" which both guys told me they loved that movie.
We also watched the sunset and went fishing. No luck for me.





We stayed up late talking on the deck. Real late. It was so perfect. I loved every minute of it. I can't say this very often in my life, but I even woke up to the sunrise... and it was beautiful. They both didn't believe me because I'm not a morning person and I went back to bed after watching it.... but I showed them proof.



I successfully layed out in the sun and got some color without getting burned. MIRACLE! Eventually the rest of the family showed up to join our fun. I talked with the kids and watched them play.



I took a little paddle boat ride around the lake with Marcas... where he convinced me to go under this bridge and I thought I was going to die... ok... that is probably a little bit of an exaggeration, however, I was super nervous. Marcas took care of me though. Don't worry.


Travis Grilled and it was OH so good. Had some Indiana corn... seriously the best corn I have ever had in my life. No joke.


Along with everything I just mentioned... I sat back and relaxed a lot of the time I was there. Enjoyed just sitting there, taking in the scenery. Enjoyed that I wasn't at work. Enjoyed getting away from my life for a while. It was refreshing. I sat a lot in this chair. It was my favorite... I think I need to get me one. They are from Pier 1 Imports. Anyway, the Lake House was PERFECT! Perfect way to spend the summer before it leaves (which I don't like to talk about).


3 comments:

MoNiCa! said...

This is my kind of vacation!A lake! Reminds me of Minnesota! You look really good T-rac!

Lori said...

Sounds like you had a perfect time! Glad you got to go visit Trav and Heather:) I'm jealous!

jamie hixon said...

HOW do both of those guys like the movie The Notebook?!?!? CRAZY PILLS AND INSANITY!!!

But seriously, that really looks picturesque.