Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, March 19, 2012

In My Room (Redo)

I have loved my room and how it was decorated. Red, cream and black. It was classy. However, although I had made changes here are there over time, I had the same room for like 5 years. I was ready for a change. Last year I worked on the India Inspired Living Room... this year it was my bedroom's turn to get a make over.... and I knew just what I wanted to do.

Here is a before picture.


My room make over involved painting a wall, buying a new bed (and bedding), new curtains, taking off the closet doors, moving some things out of the room and moving furniture in different places and a craft project (which I already blogged about here).  After taking trips to a furniture store for my bed, Bed Bath and Beyond, Ikea, TJ Max Home and Z Gallorie... the room is finished.

Here is the finished room. (the lighting is not the best in these pictures)







I think my favorite part is the mood lighting (white lights behind the white curtain). It is so relaxing. I absolutely adore my new room.

7 comments:

flux biota. said...

I love the color of your accent wall.

jamie hixon said...

Fantastic! That is so fun. Is that a pic of Audrey Hepburn? Your accent wall IS Tiffany's blue...

Tracy Mills said...

Why YES Jamie... that is a picture of Audrey Hepburn. :) The room is so completely girly (without having to be pink). I love it.

Lynette Mills said...

The lights behind the sheers dont show up that well. I'm looking forward to experiencing it in person.

Vivian said...

great job Tracy!

Kristy said...

It turned out great Tracy. I like how the lamp shade turned out and I like the color of the wall.

Lori said...

Wish I could see it in person.... it looks awesome! Great job :)