Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 178

Happy 7-11! I hope that you went and got a free slurpee. I did last year, not today though. #1 because of my diet. #2 because I was doing wedding stuff all day. Although... the bride and groom had slurpees at the lunch after the wedding.

Since I have been back from Dinkey Creek, I have been wanting to get a pedicure... to help with my rough feet. Wednesday I went. I couldn't choose between two colors... so I decided to get one for my pedicure and the other for my manicure.


Also... I asked the lady doing my nails where she was from. She said Vietnam. I said awesome, I'm going there in November. She was shocked that I was going there... then told me November was a great time to go. I totally believe her and now I'm even more excited to go.

I'm sick of driving. After drive back from Dinkey Creek on Saturday and then driving down to St. George last night and back from St George tonight... I'm done for a little while... I hope. I'm glad I went to the wedding though. It was really nice. More about that later...

You know what else I am glad for? That I have friends in so many places. It is nice to know I have people near by that care about me and that would help me out or let me crash at their house when I need to. Some family friends from Dinkey Creek let me stay at their house last night so I didn't have to get a hotel by myself for one night. It was really nice to be able to stay with them. They are so sweet too and made me feel so at home. Not only do I know this lady from Dinkey Creek, but her parents and my Grandparents were good friends. That practically makes us family. I call her mom my other Grandma... Grandma Betty.

You know what else is exciting. Last night I got 100% on my sleep for the first time! I had to do a double take this morning when I looked at my sleep stats. I didn't think I would ever be able to get 100%... and to think, it wasn't even my bed. Different house, harder bed that I didn't think I would be able to sleep on, kind of hot when I'm used to sleeping in the basement... yet I slept great. Never woke up and got 100% on my sleep. It was awesome.


I have been trying to get caught up on my movies lately. I never got to the movie theaters anymore. I don't know why. Maybe it's the people I hang out with just do as much anymore... not sure. However, recently I saw "Man of Steel" and "The Great Gatsby". I liked them both... don't think I loved either one. Tomorrow for work we are going to see "World War Z" I think. I have heard that one is good, so I'm pretty excited about it.

As much as I love Steve and wanted to be there when he got married, I REALLY didn't want to make the drive down to St George... of course I did, because that is what friends do, but I remember thinking to myself... well, at least I will be able to go to Rock n Rose afterword and see if they have any cute clothes in my favorite store. Then today the luncheon happened to be RIGHT next to the outlets... where Rock n Rose is located. After everything was over I drove over to Rock n Rose with excitement.   I was beyond disappointed when I drove up to it to see that it was gone... it is now an empty space. It made me super sad. Did it really not get enough business to keep it going? Seriously still not over it.

Still taking horse pills for my left tonsil that is hurting. Still hurting. I really want it to go away though. It is starting to become really annoying.

Today when I was in St. George I posted a picture of the temple on instagram. Megan saw from that picture that I was there and wrote under the picture that she was there too... so I called her up and she and her mom gave me directions to Megs Granny's house. We chatted for a little while before I got on the road. It was a very pleasant surprise!


1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

I think 100% on your sleep is hilarious. I'm also jealous.