Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, July 1, 2013

Story of the Red Skinnies

Once upon a time (March 2012) ... I bought my first pair of colored skinnies. At first, I was scared of colored skinnies because I felt like they wouldn't look good on my body that I was insecure about. Pop of color draws attention! However, they were so cute on other people I decided to give them a try. I loved my colored skinnies that I bought so much that I decided I wanted more colors. I decided to order them online. I ordered purple and I ordered red. I was really excited about both colors.

Weeks went buy and I received both pairs of pants. The purple ones were tight (but still wearable) and the red ones I had ordered a little bit smaller thinking it wouldn't be that big of a difference, that I would still be able to fit into them... when they came and I tried to try them on, they wouldn't even go over my butt!! Oh no! At this time I had been counting calories and losing a little bit of weight, so in my determined and stubborn mind (and not wanting to hurt my pride), I decided to not return them even though they didn't fit. I was going to fit into those red skinnies!

A year later... I had gained all the weight back that I had lost and more out of laziness of not wanting to count calories anymore and going on lots of fun vacations. I could no longer fit into ANY of my colored skinnies... and those red skinnies were just folded on the bottom of the pile of pants, never worn, never touched again.

A month later, I decided I wasn't going to take it anymore! I joined Take Shape For Life. I was going to lose this weight, no matter what it takes, even though it was going to be long and hard. When I first started, I thought to myself... maybe... I will fit into those red skinnies by the 4th of July (of course, looking ahead to what my cute festive outfit will be).

It's June... all of my pants are fitting again. I'm feeling great... however those red skinnies are still too small.

Today, I decided to try on my red skinnies again, to see if they fit. Guess what? They did! I'm wearing them today and I am feeling AWESOME!!! So glad I finally fit into them and made my goal of when I would fit into them by. I'm far from done with the weight I want to lose, but I'm so glad that I didn't return the red skinnies and that they have given me something to work towards and celebrate over. Plus, I love them, they are way cute.

The End



5 comments:

Gary said...

You look great. Good job Tracy.

Katie Houston said...

Wahoo! I'm totally on a similar journey. I have a red formal I want to conduct a concert in. I haven't fit in to that dress for years.

Lil Lizzie said...

you are a rockstar

MoNiCa! said...

You look so good in the red skinnies! Good job meeting your goal! And I want to see what the purple ones look like! THey sound cute!

jamie hixon said...

Awesome! I think red pants are awesome. Asher's favorite shorts are bright red. :)