Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 179

This summer is just flying by... and I hate it. I feel like I am not getting in all of the summer activities that I want to get in. I need to be better about planning it I guess. I still have a little over a month of quality summer time left... so I need to make it count. Go camping. Spend time in the water. Be outside!

Weight loss update. As of Monday I have lost 32 lbs and 8 inches. I can feel good about that. Half way there. I'm feeling skinnier everyday.

I finished Fringe. It got super confusing at the end for me... but overall I liked it. Now a friend told me to watch Gossip Girl... so I have been. On the second season. I know that it is just stupid drama... but honestly, sometimes I like to watch stupid drama because it makes me feel better about my own. Fact. Next I better watch Breaking Bad... because my co-worker has been bugging me to watch it for forever and he said he needs someone to talk about it with. I have heard it is good... but super intense.

Guess what? My tonsils are finally back to normal. I seriously thought it was never going to go back to normal. For over a week I was taking antibiotics and living off of advil. It sucked. Monday it had been over a week and I felt like the antibiotics weren't doing anything... and I was ready to go back into the Doctor. I was still in so much pain. This guy that I went out with, who is in the medical field told me to wait it out.... So I did. Tuesday was the first day I started to notice it getting better... Wednesday a little better... only took 2 advil in the morning. Today, NO ADVIL!!! Hooray. It's gone. It was terrible and I am so thankful to be back to normal.

Mr Karaoke and I are going to sing in my ward together. I'm excited. I love singing with him.. he has a beautiful voice. However... I am trying to find a beautiful duet for us to sing.... and I have been struggling. If you have any suggestions... please let me know.

I have gotten to spend a lot of time with my Uncle Dale and Aunt Teresa and their kids and their families lately... because my cousin Travis was in town. It has been so fun. I really love spending time with Aunts, Uncles and cousins. I really do have a great family, immediate and extended. I feel so blessed for that.

Like I said last week... I'm trying to get caught up on all of the movies that I want to see. Saturday I went with my good friend Mary to see Despicable Me 2. I loved the first one, so I figured I would really like the second one. I was right. Funny and cute. Best part of the movie. Those minions! I wish I had a bunch of them in my house working for me. My life would be so great!!!! I would also be laughing all of the time. Just think about it... how much better life would be with minions in it.


4 comments:

Katie Houston said...

Have you heard "Suddenly Seymour" from Little Shop of Horrors (comical but awesome) or "Wheels of a Dream" from Ragtime (that one is truly beautiful)? I'm obviously a huge musical theater freak, so my suggestions are biased! There's also "I'd give it all for you" from Songs for a new world. Or there is always "Come What May" from Moulin!

Tracy Mills said...

Oh Katie, love the suggestions... although I guess I should have made it more clear that we are singing in sacrament meeting. So I need to find a church duet.

Janene "Jeannie" Jaynes said...

I wonder if the song "You raise me up" by Josh Groban can be made into a duet? Besides that I wish I knew, that's one group of music that I don't know! Good luck, what ever you choose I know it will sound amazing!

jamie hixon said...

We saw DM2 in the theaters, and the kids loved it. So did I. I think I liked the first one better, but whatever.

We watched quite a bit of Breaking Bad, but then we had to stop. It is so well done and interesting and all, but it just gets more and more depressing. We really couldn't go on (Mad Men is the same way for us)- now we are watching Dr. Who.