Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 205

Another week. It went by fast. I kept busy at work and in my social life after work.

The fort is still up... so I had some friends over during the week. Like my heart to heart with my BFF neighbor which was LONG overdue. We used to talk all the time, now it is hardly ever. My old roommie Sarah came over as well. That made me happy. I have been hanging out and chatting with my roommate McKenzie a lot this week... which is great. Love that girl and she is so busy with school that I don't get to see her much. We stayed up WAY too late Monday night chatting and making late night runs that we probably shouldn't have....

Speaking of late night runs we shouldn't be making... 711 just opened this week right down the street from us. I'm not sure how happy I am about it. This could be dangerous. But hey... maybe I will love it. During the summer... bike rides to get drinks.


Friday I finally started working on my second T-Shirt quilt with my mom. Only just begun, but I think it is going to be way cute. Now we just need to work on it like once a week.

My brother blessed his baby on Sunday. It was a great and very sweet blessing. I was glad I was able to go. Neat to see my little brother turn into a fine man and a wonderful husband and father. I love him and his family. It was fun to have Irelyn sit with me for a little bit in church.

Saturday my friend Josh came over with his brother to watch a movie in the fort. My friend Dallin also came and so did John. I let Josh choose the movie. Do you know what he chose? Sharknado! I had never heard of it, but I'm pretty sure it was the worse movie I had ever seen in every way. If you want to see something so terrible and unrealistic that it is funny... watch this movie. It is under the horror section on Netflix. We all had a good laugh. We also noticed how specific Netflix is getting when suggesting movies to me. Netflix thinks it knows me so well...


I got new work out clothes last week. Long overdue. They actually fit me well (since I lost so much weight since the last time I bought work out clothes). They make me feel skinny... I wish my regular clothes made me feel the same way. I need new running shoes next. I'm thinking of designing my own on the Nike website. John has caught on when we are shopping... we find something that meets my needs, but then he adds, and it looks girls too. Great. ha ha.

The first counselor in my stake presidency (President Sandburg) gave the devotional at BYU on Tuesday. He did an amazing job... but he always does. That is why I love that guy. He just has a gift. I found out that he worked side by side with Dave (guy I dated last year-ish) in becoming a marriage and family therapist and specializing in what he did that got him the job that he has now. When I told Dave that I know him, he was really happy that I get to work with him. I see why. What an awesome guy. I LOVE hearing him speak and luckily get to hear him pretty often.

Wednesday night and Thursday morning there was fog... and it was SO thick that you could barely see things unless it was right in front of you. Thankfully I'm used to driving in that so it doesn't bother me too much coming from Santa Barbara... but it always weirds me out when it happens in Utah.

I jammed a little bit with my neighbor Jed, the one that works at the piano bar in SLC. He's a cool dude... and a talented dude. I need to jam with him more often because it was pretty fun.

For visiting teaching this month, I decided that we should go out to dinner instead of just sitting at our girls house and chatting. We went and got Indian food (my fav) and I think everyone was glad we did it. Maybe we will do it again sometime. I have really come to like these girls. They are fun. Visiting teaching is not a chore when you become friends with your companion and the girls you teach. :)


1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

Sometimes there is fog here too, and it also weirds me out. I'm always like "Where did you come from? How did you get here?" And I'M fine driving in it, but I'm always afraid that I will run into somebody else who just randomly stops or doesn't know how to deal with it.

I saw Sharknado at our local Walgreens Red Box and I thought "There is no way in heaven and earth that I will ever see this movie." I wonder how it even got made? Hollywood is a business... people got paid for that. Who thought it was a good idea?

I'm glad you got to go to Calvin's blessing. I wish I could have been there.