Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Utah Lake - Pelican Point


John and I went shooting again. Another double date... this time with his friend Tom and his girlfriend Sam. This time we went where they wanted... out by Saratoga Springs... on the other side of Utah Lake.. Pelican Point. It was pretty ... out there.


It wasn't even a shooting range, it was just out in the middle of nowhere, we just pulled over to shoot. I knew it was a cold day and tried to dress accordingly. When I stepped out of the car when we finally got there, I knew I wasn't going to last very long outside. Not only was it cold, but there was a cold breeze on top of that.

The boys went first. Went straight to shooting clay pigeons. They both own guns... so of course they are good. Then Sam went. She hadn't had much experience with a gun, she didn't shoot very well at the still targets, but she shot some clay pigeons. Impressive.


I went next. I shot almost all the still targets and a few clay pigeons until I couldn't feel my fingers anymore.... it makes shooting a little more difficult. I was still impressed with myself. It was seriously SO COLD! I thought I might freeze to death. I don't know how everyone else could bare to be out there for as long as they were. Don't get me wrong, I still had fun shooting. I tried to focus on the view and how pretty it was... but yeah, it was too cold. I liked shooting in Nephi better.


I like shooting stuff... makes me feel pretty Bad A.


5 comments:

Lori said...

I haven't been shooting if forever! Sounds like good cold fun ;) You will be so ready for a trip to AZ soon. Can't wait!!!

Kristy said...

That is impressive to hit a moving target! I can barely hit still ones.

Dan Hixon said...

do I see a 12 ga. benelli nova?

Tracy Mills said...

You can ask me to shoot targets, but don't ask me anything about guns... I just don't know anything about them except how to shoot them. ha ha

jamie hixon said...

Oh my goodness, if I'm cold... forget about it. Seriously, whatever it is you want me to do, I am not going to enjoy it and I will spend all my energy on thinking about how freaking cold it is. Good thing I live in the desert, eh?

I'm still impressed that you can shoot.