Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 213

Although I don't love moving the time forward because you lose an hour of sleep, I do LOVE that it is lighter later. Getting closer to summer. Oh! Happy first day of Spring! It is also my blogaverary! However, that will be a separate post.

One day it was SUPER windy. So windy that it blew our fence over... well part of it. MacKenzie and I handled it though, don't worry. We put our fence back together. Who needs guys! Ha ha... actually, I think it would have been easier to put back together if we would have had guys, but we handled it.

Saturday I spent with John and a bunch of his friends that I didn't know. We went hot tubing with a full moon and then we went to get sushi. Oh how I love sushi. John and I shared. It was a little awkward for me at times because I didn't know anyone except John and kind of knew a couple of his soccer guy friends... but they ALL knew each other. Oh well. It was worth spending the time with John before he left.


Friday was Pi day. You know... 3.14. When I went to work I went into my boss's office and said "Hey, you know it's pi day?" He said "Where at?" I said.. "Nooo... it's PI day" and he was like Ohhhhh.... That is all I needed to say. After lunch break he came back with an apple Pi and ice cream. Yep!


Speaking of food, I bought this cute food tray to put my tea set on in my travel living room in the basement. Now that I actually use that room more and watch Netflix down there, sometimes I make my dinner and put it on the tray and take it down there. I kind of love it. I don't know why... but I do.


I finished "Warehouse 13". Did that show get cancelled? It seemed to not have closure. Anyway, it was cute but I still think the script writing was bad. Either that or the acting was bad. After that I started watching "My Strange Addiction". OH. MY. GOODNESS. Seriously I think this show is going to give me nightmares. Half of the time, I can't watch them eat whatever weird addiction they have (couch cushions, cleaner, nail polish, rocks, dirt, drywall, soap, cat food, plastic, glass, bullets). I'm also super grossed out that adults are obsessed with being babies and wearing diapers, being in serious and intimate relationships with cars and dolls, drinking and bathing in their urine, and all sorts of other bizarre stuff. I only have a few episodes left though. Then I am watching "Wilfred" in honor of John. He wanted me to watch that show because he liked it but I never did. Now I will.

Speaking of John, I have heard from him every day since he has been gone. I get jealous every time he posts pictures on facebook. Columbia looks beautiful. It is fun to hear from him and see what he is up to. Gives us a lot more to talk about, that's for sure. Reminds me when I was in Southeast Asia and we would chat. Now we have flipped. He is having the exciting adventures while I go to work everyday. It's ok... I will have some adventures coming up to. Not as exciting as his, but I will be having my fun.

I think I have been doing better with my fish tank now that I have done a couple of water changes. Hopefully I can try shrimp again and get rid of the aiptasia so that I can get some coral. That is the good stuff. That is what I want. I will get there. Just need to be patient. That is hard for me.


I have been having Spanish lessons! How? An App on my phone that I found called Duolingo. It's better than Mind Snacks because it isn't just learning words, it is learning phrases, it is writing and speaking them as well. It also switches it up so you have to translate phrases into English and then it will have something in English that you have to write in Spanish. Best way to learn I think. It has different lessons and you have to pass each lesson in order to move on to the next lesson. I have been doing pretty well. I'm sometimes impressed with how many words I remember from forever ago when I learned before. My phone even reminds me to practice everyday. It has me set goals and shows me where I'm at on a chart. I love that there are free apps for all of this stuff. So cool. Hopefully soon I will get to a point where I can listen to movies or whatever in Spanish and be able to understand the basics again. Enough that I would be able to get by if I need to.

We had another session of book binding tonight. Man... it takes a long time. Good thing I am making two at the same time because otherwise I don't know if I would want to make another one. We shall see. They are time consuming for sure. It is slowly turning into a book though. I can't wait for the finished product. It is always fun for me to learn something new. Hopefully I love my books when they are done. They will have a lot of character... that's for sure. I like the paper I chose. I just want them to be done.

On Monday I got my first waxing done. I know... some people might think that is crazy because I feel like most people have done it before. I have never really cared to because I honestly don't grow that much hair and the hair that I do grow is pretty thin and light. However, a couple things convinced me to go ahead and give it a try. One, because I get massages every month, I have a membership to this place which would give me a discount. The other thing is they told me the more I wax the less the hair grows back... especially with the rate my hair grows already. SO... I figured I would give it a try. I decided to start with just my armpits. It was really hard for me not to shave... hair just grosses me out, I don't know why. Anyway, I grew them out for over a week and they still were not that long. They were long enough to do the wax though, so she did it... and it wasn't bad. I didn't feel like it hurt that much. While she was at it, she did my eyebrows and didn't charge me just to see if I liked it. I do! Anyway... I think this is the way to go before going on a trip so that you don't have to worry about shaving. Such a good idea. I really hope my hair doesn't grow back as much either. If that is the case, it was worth it for that a lone. I will be going back. I will try my legs next.

I have been trying PM Yoga before I go to bed sometimes... like RIGHT before I get into bed. You know what? I sleep so good after. For example, I did it last night and then went to bed right after and it was even early (for me) 11:30. I slept SO good. I didn't wake up once. Just knocked out. Feels great. I used my sleep cycle app last night too and I got 95% on my sleep! YES! That is success right there. I'm going to try and make it a habit. Along with doing core workouts at home. I did okay with that this week, but hopefully next week is better.

Speaking of Yoga... Allison got me to try something new tonight. She signed up me, Quinette and another one of her friends for Aerial Yoga. If you are anything like me, you have no idea what that is. I didn't... then she showed me a picture and I said What the.... I think I might fall on my head! Well... we went tonight. It was out of my comfort zone for sure, I had to learn to trust in the hammock. That being said, it felt good on my back and it was kind of cool. I never got light headed which was good. I was just nervous every time we were supposed to go upside down. I would say out loud WHAT? ha ha. I have to admit it was pretty cool though. I didn't fall on my head, so I think we will go back again. Here we are.... doing Aerial Yoga.


2 comments:

Lori said...

Awesome yoga move! ;) It's been awhile, I think I'm kinda caught up on your always busy life! Thanks for always sharing it! Love you :)

jamie hixon said...

That yoga looks amazing! I would totally love to do that. It reminds me of Cirque du Soleil. I should start yoga again.
You are right, I am surprised you have never waxed before. I do my eyebrows (although it has been a while) and I wax my legs when I'm pregnant because I can't reach them to shave. ;)
That language app sounds awesome. I should do that. That Strange Addiction show on the other hand... I do NOT want to see that.