Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 268

I can't believe how quickly the weeks fly by sometimes. Last weekend was super busy that I didn't get any of my errands done. Friday I had to shop for food for the tea party and also make it. I also hosted some couch surfers Friday night. They asked last minute and I thought why not. I will write more about them later. I also had to make the food that night because I knew I wouldn't get up early enough to do it before having to go set up for the tea party. So I was up late, up early, taking care of the couch surfers and putting on the tea party (which turned out amazing as you saw in the other post) and then I went straight to the park to practice dancing for a music video that I will post when it is all done... but it is a Disney parody of Taylor Swifts "Shake It Off". I have no idea how it will turn out. On Saturday there was a lot of sitting around and it was un organized and kind of a mess... but they are the same people that put together "Dark Lord Funk" and that was well done and had millions of hits... so they are hoping this goes the same. We will see how filming goes this weekend. Dancing was fun though... I don't do it enough. I will of course post the video when it is all done. By the time I was done with that (which was 5) I was pretty sun burnt and exhausted. However, I told Ian that I would go to a comedy thing his friends were doing for their final at BYU... so I went to that and there were some funny skits. It was low key, so it was nice.

I got a visit from my old roommate Sarah on Sunday. Always so good to see her. I miss those days. Sarah, Meg and I had so much fun living together. I loved that we were always out and about and having people over and going to events and the tv was hardly ever on. I feel like I have been watching a lot of tv lately. Hopefully that changes the warmer it gets. I already feel that way since it stays lighter longer... gives me the opportunity to do more after work. I love that.

Speaking of beautiful days and fun activities after work... I went to the Tulip Festival on Tuesday. It was such a beautiful day to go. Loved it. I hadn't been in like 5 years, so it was fun to go again. I went with my new friend Kenzie! We met at the tea party because we were sat next to each other and pretty much figured out we were kindred spirits. So we got each others numbers and we went to the tulip festival together and had a blast. I have a feeling that is the beginning of many more adventures to come with that girl. I love making new friends. I took a ton of pictures, so I will blog more about that later.

My gmail account got hacked this week. BUMMER! I hate hackers. Seriously. Usually I recognize them or they go to my spam, but this one was sneaky and came from someone I knew and wanted me to open a doc they sent. Anyway... I got a TON of people contacting me right after telling me that I was hacked (which I already knew) and then I tried to do damage control. I ended up changing my gmail password to be safe... which I thought would be fine, but when I synced my new password on my phone... it deleted a BUNCH of my contacts! I don't even understand why. It is SO irritating because I had SO many contacts and it only kept like 50. Today I took my phone to Brock, my tech friend at work because I feel like he can fix anything... he fixed my personal laptop... but he couldn't even figure it out. I knew it was a lost cause after that. I'm way bummed. Thankfully I save like all of my text conversations... so SLOWLY I have been able to go through text convo's and figure out who they are and save their number again... but I still have a long way to go and I have also now lost addresses and email addresses as well.... so I apologize in advance if I lost any of your info. I'm way bummed... and annoyed. Stupid hackers... I'm blaming it all on them. And Google Fiber, because I blame everything on Google Fiber since we signed up with them almost a year ago and they have still not come to set us up. So everything is Good Fiber's fault... even non-internet related things. ha ha.

I finished 90210. I know... guilty pleasure. I would watch some episodes with my roommates and we would laugh at how dramatic it was and I would try to explain to her what happened in the few episodes that she missed... and there was so much drama to catch her up on in such few episodes that it was even more comical. So now that that is over... I think I am just going to watch movies... or a short show that I can finish quickly, because I don't want to get committed to another big show a week before my trip!

A week! I can't believe I only have a week. It doesn't feel like it at all. Seriously. It never does though. Even when I'm packing it never feels like I'm going until I am there. Probably because I go to places that I have never been to before so you have no idea what to expect. It's exciting. I'm not looking forward to the travel there though. The time difference is always killer and an entire day and night in planes isn't very exciting either. I hope they have good movies.

I have slowed down on dates. I'm not sad about it. I was going on so many for a while that it was getting exhausting and I really just wanted to spend time with my friends that I know I like. Bishop told me like over a month ago that there was a guy in the ward that was wanting to ask me out.... I have been trying to think of who that might be. I can't come up with anyone. He told me whoever the guy is... is trying to get up the courage to ask me out. I hate when I'm told this because I don't know if the Bishop is just making up crap because he thinks it is going to make for feel good, or if he is exaggerating the truth or trying to play matchmaker... plus... now I'm just waiting for it to happen wondering who it is and it will probably never happen, which is annoying too. I may not even want to go out with whoever it is, but I hate not knowing! Ugh. Maybe I will meet some cute backpackers on our trip. You never know.

When I get back... I need to get back on the diet and exercise. I have REALLY been slacking. I have been getting tanner... but not skinnier. Failing on my plan. I need to switch it up. Not do the same diet I have been doing. Not because it doesn't work, I just think I need something new and different to get excited over. I need to find a dance class or something and have exercise I'm excited about and will make part of my weekly schedule. Hold me to it! I need a work out/health buddy so bad, but I can't find anyone that is motivated enough. Anyone out there?

Anyway.... gotta get through one more week. I'm guessing it is going to be a busy one.


1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

Um, I need to lose weight majorly and I need to be accountable... but you are too far away. And I swear my children make it impossible for me to do anything. I wish I could be your fitness buddy!

I feel like Once Upon a Time is turning into a ridiculous soap opera (like your 90210 experience)... Asher loves it though.

I don't even know where you are going on your trip. I guess I will find out soon enough. :)