Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

So.... I know I just carved a pumpkin the other night, but.... that was just a little pumpkin and an after thought after dinner. I actually bought a big pumpkin just to carve as ANOTHER activity for the "13 Days of Halloween". I was going to use one of the patterns that came with my kit (which is where I got the owl one from the other night) but Jessica and I were looking online... and we saw something better that I really wanted to do.

We had a good group of people excited to carve pumpkins. Thankfully Marcus loves to cut lids and scrape out pumpkins, so I didn't have to do that part. He says it is getting him ready for surgery's one day when he becomes a doctor? Or something like that. (He is preparing for med school right now) I don't care. I didn't have to do it. I just got to carve and create the piece of art.


Jess and I both carved people into our pumpkins.


Here is how all the pumpkin carvings turned out. I thought everyone did a really good job! So fun to see what everyone comes up with.


This is Jay. We first met and became friends. Then we became facebook friends. Through facebook we discovered that we are 3rd Cousin's, or maybe Cousin's in law? I don't know what term it would be, but my Cousin, Brandon married his cousin, Rachel. I thought it was pretty awesome, so every time we see each other now, we call each other cuz. ha ha


The group.


Oh, wondering what awesome design I put in my pumpkin this time around?  Michael Jackson in Thriller!!! Woohoo! Can you tell that's what it is?

5 comments:

Erin said...

Ok, you guys are pro carvers! So fun:)

flux biota. said...

nice, jackson.

jamie hixon said...

Nice! I don't think I have ever carved anything half as good as any of those.
And, I think 3rd cousins or whatever you are can totally date. And get married. You aren't really related. And he is cute.

Lynette Mills said...

funny jamie...

you have almost inspired me to carve a pumpkin.

Desiree said...

WOW! You've had one busy halloween! So fun. Your pumpkin looks amazing! Love it! Very fitting. Also, that last group shot. Is the guy on the far lefts name Alan? I think I work in the temple with him. Small world.