Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 34

I have now been back from India for a week. Our tour guide, VK was right.... it already feels like it never happened. When dropping us off at the airport he told us that we would get back to the states, get back to our normal lives and forget all about India. Not that I have forgotten about India.... but now that I am back to my normal life, it does kind of feel like I never went except that I have these souvenirs on the floor of my bedroom and a lot pictures. Good thing I take a lot of pictures. It has been really fun to go through them all (all 1,000 +) and edit the great ones and remember what a great trip it was. I got a lot of great pictures. I can't wait to show you more, and to put together a book of the trip. Yesterday I brought my lap top into work to show pictures to a couple of co-workers that had asked me if they could see pictures from the trip. Well, as soon as I started showing pictures, the whole department was in my office looking at my pictures, saying how awesome it was and asking all of these questions and of course teasing about every little thing. I guess guys never really change. Although almost my entire department is older married men, some are even empty Nester's.... when they are all together, they are very silly together. I love it actually. So we had a great time.

The girls I went on the trip with and I were talking on our flight home, how incredible our trip was. Trip of a life time really, and when we got home.... people would ask us about how our trip was and we will reply "Awesome" and they will say "Great" and then life will continue as normal. Nobody REALLY cares about the details of your trip.... just that you had a good time. I mean... people say they care, but if they did they would come ask you about it and want to see your pictures. So far... only a couple of people fall under that category. Although... I have one friend coming over tonight that actually cares and we will talk about the trip. She even called me when I got home. I feel like that is a true friend, the ones that are there for you when things are sad and life is hard, but also want to share in your joy and excitement in life too. I had a few people tell me they missed me while I was gone, but when I got back... it's not like they came to welcome me home or couldn't wait to see me. I probably see them just as much as when I was gone. So why say you miss me if we don't really see each other anyway? I don't get it.

Friday I was invited to a BBQ by my BFF neighbor. It was an AMAZING BBQ. I really did NOT have enough BBQ's this summer. This one defiantly made up for it. Another girl bought most of the food. I was asked to chip in $5. This wasn't that big of a deal, but I do feel like its a little tacky. Never once have I invited someone over for dinner and then asked them to chip in. I invited them, so it was my treat. Am I a lone on this? Unless it was a group idea and you decided to do a pot luck, you shouldn't ask people you invited to pitch in on the meal. Maybe its just me in this thinking? Like I said, I don't think of her any differently and I gave her 5 bucks and I had a good night watching and singing a long to Michael Jackson music video's. It was still a good night over all.

I missed two weeks of going to tutoring because of my trip. This week was CRAZY! Everything changed while I was gone. There were tons of kids and tutors. Most of which I didn't know who they were. There was not even room to sit on the floor. The girl I read with and I had to sit and read on the floor of the kitchen area. Playing spoons was out of control. When there are that many kids, its hard to get them under control. We need more tutors, but I don't even know where we would fit more people to be honest. We will have to figure this out as we go along I guess. Its polar opposite of what it was like this summer.

I'm sad that Summer is over. I do love summer. But I think I love the fall more. I love the weather, the clothes, the activities, the colors, etc.. I think the only thing I dislike about fall is that it is not very long and then its Winter. I am not ready for Winter. I never am. I am living it up for the fall though. A group of people in the ward are doing "13 Days of Halloween". I am not going to participate in all 13 activities, but I will participate in most of them. In fact, I am hosting two of the events. So... look forward to some fun Halloween posts. Including our activity last night... which I will post when I get all the pictures. :o) I love dressing up and having fun (if you didn't know that already).

I know this is random, but right now one of my ears is red and hot. Every once in a while this happens to me. Usually just one ear, not both. Does this happen to anyone else? What the heck causes this? I feel like there is something wrong with me, but I can't figure out what it could be. Weird.



10 comments:

Bre said...

I HATE that feeling when you travel and when you get home it feels like you never even went. Totally invalidates the experience. At least you have pictures, and yes, i wanna see them!!!

Kayleigh said...

I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that you went! It's hard for me to believe... But the pictures you have posted are so beautiful, it looks like you had a great time too!

Yes, that is a little tacky - Asking people to chip in.

Lynette Mills said...

All of your life things will triger memories of your trips. They are pleasant thoughts you will have forever!

Abby Wright said...

YA my ear does that too. My Dr said its just an allergy for me. And I agree tacky to ask people to chip in. And my mission was like your trip fast fun and sadly overtime a little forgettable. I unlike you haven ever been a picture person so i have a whopping 20 pictures from 1.5 years. Sad really.

Abby Wright said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tessa and Adam said...

I have never asked anyone to bring money to chip in, but sometimes when I do dinner I ask if they wouldn't mind bringing a dessert. Do you think that's tacky? After debating and asking a lot of people, I decided it would be okay.

Kristy said...

I guess if no one offers to bring anything...which is the polite thing to do if your invited over...then I think it's probably ok to ask for a donation...especially if you're buying tons of meat.

Tracy said...

Just to be clear... I did ask if I could bring something and they said no. I think its okay to ask someone to bring someone to a dinner you invite them to.

jamie hixon said...

I love the fall too! It might be my favorite, especially now that I live in the desert.
I think people really do care about your trip and they really do miss you, just on different levels. Everyone is living different lives and they have different things going on. Of course you don't go on cool vacations to brag about them, you go because you have an unforgettable experience. And if some people really want to see pictures and hear all about it, that's cool. People didn't really care to hear details when we went to Europe, but I didn't care because I had a blast.
I for one will be anxiously awaiting more pictures and stories.

rachel v. said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your trip to India- I hope you will post more pictures on the blog. It is always fun to hear about your adventures Tracy :)