Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Friday, October 29, 2010

Trunk or Treat

You know how on Tuesday nights I go tutor the young kids at the Boulders community center in Provo? Well, as part of our 13 Days of Halloween and a service activity, we put on a Trunk or Treat for them since its not the safest place for them to go door to door for candy. I was pleasantly surprised not only how many people from the ward came, but also how much people got into the activity by dressing up and decorating their trunks. It turned out really great and the kids really loved it. It was fun to see some of the kids that I tutor in a different setting.

Here are all the trunks that participated. Rob's trunk was the most popular. He came dressed at Captain Jack Sparrow and in his trunk he set up 3 empty root beer bottles. He would give the kid the ball and depending on how many bottles they knocked over would depend how much candy they received. The kids went nuts for it. There was a long line the rest of the night for Rob's trunk. He is great. And he plays a great Jack Sparrow. :o)


Here are some of the kids that I tutor. So when I talk about the funny stories that go on every week... you can picture these cute kids. :o)


All my friends that participated. I love that my friends are into dressing up as much as I am. Thank goodness I have a costume box so I can dress up as something different to each event. It was such a great night. I know it meant a lot to the kids too.


Today at work, we also had kids come and trick or treat to all the different offices at Novell. I was SUPER busy, so it didn't help with that... but it was fun to have all the kids dressed up at work and coming to my office for candy. We had to put a sign up in our office Window to let the kids know we had candy and to stop in. My favorite costume I saw today was the family dressed as a Wendy's meal. I didn't know them, but I had to take a picture. It was also fun to meet my co-workers families. I had met some of them before, but not a lot of them. They only had all the trick or treaters for an hour and a half, so after that I was out of Candy and then it was back to work for me. It was a nice break though since i ended up being at work until past 9pm.
The other great part about the trick or treaters is that I got the cutest trick or treater of them all that came to my office to visit me. It was Todd & Christianne's baby. He was the cutest and they were nice enough to let me hold him as I took a mental break from my work and chatted with them and held their adorable son. LOVED it. They are awesome.


That about sums it up. Busy, but good. I love Halloween.

3 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

your work is the best!!!

jamie hixon said...

Wow! I love the Wendy's meal, and I think the Holbrook's baby is adorable.
I need Halloween to last longer next year. I'll try to make it count for two years next year since I didn't really try this year.

Tammy Jackson said...

I love all your costumes. I hate halloween because I never have anything to dress up as. I know where I'm going for help next year!